Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

home chemistry week 4





Rainbow paper

Materials;

1. cup
2. plate shaped
3.  chromatography paper
4. desk
5. water
6. washable pens

Process:

Step 1: 1st you need to get the cup.
Step 2:  Get the chromatography paper from Mr Palmer.
Step 3: Get washable pens .
Step 4: Go to your desk and make small shapes in the paper.
Step 5: Fold the paper in quarter.
Step 6: Put the paper in the the cup and get water from Mr Palmer.

Findings: Write about what happened.

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment?

Skittles

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Materials;

1. skittles
2. water
3. petridish
4. Chromebook
5. 
6. 

Process:

Step 1: Get a petridish with skittle from Mr Palmer.
Step 2:open the petridish and arrange the skittles away from each other  
Step 3:put water on it, and wait minutes for it to change the water color
Step 4: take some photo of the changes of the colors.
Step 5:
Step 6:

Findings: Write about what happened.

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment?

What did the colours do? Upon putting water, the colours changed
Did the colours mix together? No 
Why or why not? they have different colors on specific area.

Extension: 

What is another experiment you could do using chromatography and how would you do it. 

Title; chromatography using m-n-m's

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

Materials:1. M-n-m's
2. water
3. bowl
4. Chromebook

Process:

Step 1: Get a bowl with M-n-m's,
Step 2 Put the m-n-m's on bowl and arrange the m-n-m's away from each other  
Step 3:Put water on it, and wait minutes for it to change the water color
Step 4: Take some photo of the changes of the colors.

I think you use the M and m's   for the same experiment it will be the same and I think the m and m's will make more color the the skittles













                                                 

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY BLOG POST BYE.

2 comments:

  1. Kumusta Alex

    Nice hard work on your blogs today in class. I really liked your suggestion for the extension activity about trying the same experiment with M+M's, that's very creative. What do you think would happen?

    I wonder if you can go back and look at your rainbow paper write up, you haven't shared your findings or reflection so I cannot award you a point.

    You have earned a point for the other two!

    - Miss Birtch

    P.S I cannot see your photos, can you update the sharing permissions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you miss Birtch for commenting on my blog

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.