Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Home chemistry

Last week we went to mr palmers class and did q and a he gave us four papers to finish I managed to finish all of them. After we did those we did some science experiments the experiment is mixing bakes soda and vinegar.  DESIGN AN EXPERIMENT THAT TEST7vS THE AMOUNT OF SALT THAT MUST BE IN WATER BEFORE IT WILL NOT FREEZE WHEN LEFT OVERNIGHT IN THE FREEZER.

When we design an experiment there are some important questions that we must answer first. This is part of the planning stage and will help to give us some ideas.
Record these answers on your blog.

The Plan.
Task 1; Read the question carefully and write the answer to these questions.
What do we need to find out?  Testing the water and salt and leaving it inside the freezer overnight .
How will we find it out? Leaving gopro inside the the refrigerator or any camera
How will we record what we find?   Using a camera and record it with the timelapse overnight.
What equipment do we need for the experiment? Salt, Water, Cup.
How long will it take? 24hours.
The Procedure
Task 2: What are the steps that you will take to make the experiment?
List them in 6 steps.
Step 1; Grab cup.
Step 2:Put a water inside
Step 3:Grab some salt
Step 4:Put the salt on the water
Step 5:Leave it inside the freezer overnight
Step 6: And look what will happen after that day
The Process
Task 3: Draw on a piece of A4 paper the 6 steps that you will use to test the amount of salt in water before freezing. When we are making drawings in science  it needs to be labelled clearly, kept tidy and named. Once you have completed the drawing it must be photographed and uploaded to your blog.
In your drawing you will use:
Beakers
Water
Measuring spoons or cups
Salt
Image result for ice cube salt

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alex,


    I like how you share your learning with us and I think this is my first time looking at your blog. Keep it up Alex!

    Kind Regards,
    Celine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alex

    I enjoyed reading your write up about the salt and water experiment and your creative idea about using a Go Pro in order to track your results. I can only give you 1/2 points towards your science badge as I am not able to clearly see your drawing of your experiment.

    Please fix your image link and respond back to me in the comments so that I can take another look at your completed work.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.