Pages

Monday 9 September 2019

Night Vision / Rain fall

Kamusta readers, today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Ella West. Ella West is a great author she had made brilliant books like Night Vision and Rain fall, Today she came to our school, she came from Dunedin to Christchurch. I think the distance from Dunedin to Christchurch is very far. I think we are very lucky because we met her today. She has been sharing her stories with us, Her stories are from other documentaries that she watched in the last 9 years. The documentary is about the people with a sickness called XP. It can give you skin cancer. She showed us picture with kids with the skin cancer, they had made a very interesting thing to stop this. The kids can play in the sun but they need to wear a clear mask, I don't know what it's called. 

The Night Vision is about a kid who has XP, the first thing that happened in the story is a murder, a guy lit the car up and it exploded while this kid with XP is watching in the dark with night vision goggles. She had been scared from the fire but she went to the forest and then she hid from the fire. She also made a Italian version of the Night Vision. She wrote the book carefully by thinking what she was going to write. She had been thinking about the settings, The places the setting are in USA and NZ, I think she combined this two places and then made the stories in this places. The places I have seen is the Real Mexican Food Restaurant. She said that the first book she wrote has been published after 3 years. I was like What?!

We asked questions to her and then she answered some of  it. 


This is what we did when she came to our school.

Please comment, Helpful, thoughtful and positive on this blog post. BYE

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alex!

    Wow, you wrote a lot about Ella West visiting our school. Are you interested in reading her story, Night Vision? We have one of our reading groups looking at this for novel study. It might be a goal to work up to with your reading for next year.

    I am pleased to see some great writing on your blog.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Miss Birtch, thank you for commenting on my blog post I really appreciate it. In your question, yes I am really interested for reading the groups in our novel study.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog post.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.