Pages

Friday 21 February 2020

Tangata Whenua

Hello readers, today we were learning about the Maori people history, we learned  the maori people were from Polynesia, they upgraded their boats to go to farther countries to trade. The boats are called waka and they were made on Hawiaiki. They are fighting on food, a guy discovered a big land and he called it Aotearoa which is New Zealand today. The guy the discovered it name it Aotearoa because he saw clouds, that is how the naming starts on. The Maori bought crops, kumara,taro and mulberry. They moved out of south island cause it was too called, the people in waka are 150 people each.
Image result for waka

Please comment on my blog post bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.