Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Calypso.

Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about English. Today we are looking at a work called calypso, calypso a kind of West Indian (originally Trinidadian) music in syncopated African rhythm, typically with words improvised on a topical theme. Our task is to listen to the music of calypso and describe what we imagine. When I close my eyes, I see the big blue sky above the sea with the white clouds and some seagulls flying around. They are pretty much the same, they use the same instruments such as drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, keyboard, lead vocals,horn section. Metaphor: His guitar sounds like its getting strummed by a foot, This is the end of my blog post, please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex

    I am not sure this is your most successful Do Now. It is very heavy with research, as opposed to allowing yourself to listen to the music and imagine what scene you might experience alongside Calypso sounds.

    Allow yourself to be creative, not everything requires research to be effective!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex it's Jack I like how you've described what the sort of music is but I don't think that's what you think the music means to you but still really descriptive so nice job.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.