Pages

Thursday 15 April 2021

Reflection

 Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about what we did yesterday. Our task is to write a reflection about it on our blogs. Yesterday we finished off the last bits that we needed to put on our cultural KETE work. I did one about the Filipino beliefs, Pagmamano and facts about what we do and wear in different occasions. After we finished all the work, we went to our period three class and the teacher in our period 3 class which is Mrs. Castello took us to the Green space in front of our Kahui. We watched the Filipinos and Samoans perform, they were really good for my opinion. The Filipinos wore their traditional clothes called Barong Tagalog. Barong Tagalog, It is used in special occasions in the Philippines. It is a common formal  attire in Filipino culture, it is supposed to be worn untucked over an undershirt with belted trousers and black or formal shoes.  The Samoan's wore their traditional clothes called "Puletasi"

Here are the tasks that I did:

I also made a story and supposed to do an animation but I was too late, here is the story. In the early 1700s a woman in the Philippines named Roselita was living alone in a hut. Her husband left her because he found out she was pregnant. By despair she cried and cried. Few months have passed, and any time then the baby can come out. One night her tummy was hurting like the baby wants to come out. She went out calling for help and saw something in the sky coming towards her. “Manananggal!!” She cried, she went back inside hearing the loud flapping sound made by the Manananggal’s wings. She was frightened, she knew that the Manananggal would eat her baby. There was a loud bang on the roof, she was really scared and she was thinking of what would happen. Her tummy rumbled again but this time she knew it was coming out. She laid down looking at the ceiling and tried to push as hard as she could. The baby came out, it was full of blood and really skinny. She saw the Manananggal flying with it’s black demonic wings outside her window. It broke in! She threw all the stuff that she could, big or small while holding the baby.  This creature is indestructible. It scared her more when she saw that it didn’t have a full body. It had black red eyes and the intestines are hanging from down below. It was the last thing she saw.  Here is the work my mates did that I didn't get to do and finish.


After the performance we were sent to go to our Kahui to look at the works the students have done. It was really amazing seeing facts about the history of their culture. It was also fun because they were some games that they made us play. The games were cultural games, it was also weird because the rules are different on what we are used to. We played some Filipino games such as "Luksong Baka" Luksong Baka, It is a traditional Filipino game. All the players must jump over the “Baka” which is the player that is the loser. If you don't get over the Baka your get to be the Baka. The Baka’s or the player’s position slowly comes up until the last level, you need to jump the whole player’s body. I was really proud of my work because I worked hard doing them.

After the look around that we did we went to our period 4 classes had lunch and went to our period 5 classes. There was an after school performance, my little brother named Alonzo was performing our cultural dance called " Paro Parong Bukid". I was really proud of him. The high school Filipinos students came. They did Tinikling, Tinikling is a traditional dance between a female and a male trying not to get hit by the bamboo. They next thing they did was the Carinosa, its a dance that shows romance, and love. The actions of the dance will really give you goosebumps because it was perfect with the music. 

Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing. BYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.