Pages

Thursday 8 April 2021

The Plague Doctor

Hello readers today I'm going to  be making a new blog post about the bubonic plague. My task is to talk about what the doctors wore in the medieval times. So, the doctors wore a bird beak like mask. The mask had a glass opening for the eyes and a curved beak shaped like a bird's beak in front of the plagues doctors nose. The purpose of the mask was to keep away bad smell, also known as miasma. The masks had 2 nose holes which was a type of respirator. The masks are filled with lavender and bergamot oil.  Bergamot essential oil is a cold-pressed essential oil produced by cells inside the rind of a bergamot orange fruit.  They believed that the virus came from the air but in reality it came from the rats. Doctors in Europe preferred wearing wax coats, they wore thick leather gloves and thick leather boots. They wore amulets of dried blood and ground up toads we're tied into their waist. Bubonic Plague is still around But, fortunately, we're in the clear. Unlike COVID-19, we have clear treatments for the bubonic plague

Pleases comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.