Pages

Thursday 1 April 2021

The Bubonic Plague.

 Hello reader today I'm going to be making a new blog post about The Black Death. We are learning this so we know our history. The Black Death was a contagious, horrible, disgusting and deadly disease. There are three kinds of black death, there is a Bubonic plague, it produces apple sized boils and when the boils pop you die. The other one is the Pneumonic plague, I affects the lungs, this plague kill you faster and more efficient. The last one is the Septicemic plague, I affects the blood cells and it might take hours to kill you. The symptoms of the black death is Patients develop sudden onset of fever, headache, chills, and weakness and one or more swollen, tender and painful lymph nodes (called buboes).

The cures that the medieval people did was, being bled with leeches, be purged with laxatives or enemas, have the buboes lanced or cauterized, having hot plasters added to you, they believed that bathe relieve symptoms swallowing pills such as powdered stag's horns or myrrh and saffron and more. Some rules that the doctors gave the people was eating meat of the proper age, is to be seasoned with pepper, ginger and cloves, drinking urine, whipping yourselves. Avoiding cold moist and watery food. So how do you keep the plague away from you? You should stay away from your town or village buy relics to earn favor with god. When the people die they take them to the plague pits. The real cure for the plagues was the drinking pills like antibiotics.

Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.