Pages

Monday 12 August 2019

Learning Story

Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about my learning conference. We have been learning about out and this is what I learnt and what we did on art. Here is my work. 

Title:Art Hurumanu                                               
Name: Alex
Teachers: Miss Birtch


Date: 12.6.19
VALUES / SKILLS
Year 8 Graduate Profile
Highlight the parts of the Profile you are now doing on a regular basis
Commitment 
Achievement 
Resilience 
Respect 
Skills
In your reflection think about how you displayed the CARR values,
and what curriculum skills you learnt. 
People I'm  Smart
I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
I can work successfully with others
I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
I act responsibly even when no one is watching
I can give useful feedback to others
I take responsibility for my own actions
I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time 
Active Learner
I am a curious learner – I ask questions
I use feedback to improve my learning
I have a growth mindset
I know what my next steps are
I share my ideas and point of view with different people
Learning Smart
I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
I complete my work in the time I’m given
I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do
Thinking Smart
I can reflect on my learning
I understand others’ opinions and ideas
I can think critically
I can think creatively 
Cyber Smart
I use the internet and devices in a safe way
I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
I can use digital tools creatively
I can use digital tools for different purposes

What we did: stop motion, manaakitanga, In manaakitanga this is joy groups work.I was going to school  at 8:30 and then suddenly I saw my teacher heading to school too. I called him and then asked him if I can help him, he said ‘’yes please’’. I helped him bring his things to school. Jake saw me, Jake is one of my best enemy at school. He was looking at me so sharply and I was not scared because I was with my teacher. When we arrived at school my teacher said thank you.Jake looked a little bit jealous and he followed me to the court he punched me on the tummy and then he ran away. 

I went to class for the school time, when I was working, he threw some paper on me I was so angry that time but I relaxed. Morning tea has come I looked every side and on my back he wasn’t following me. I was so glad that he wasn’t following me I ran to the cafe and then bought a pizza he saw me again. When I was going to bite on my pizza he smacked the pizza and it fell on the ground I was so angry and I shouted to loud as I can on his face. The teacher saw me shouted on his face and we got to referral, when we are in referral my teacher called my mom and told her I shouted on my classmates face. when I was going home my mom told me what happened at school.

 I told her the truth, she went to school the other day and talked to my teacher. She asked my teacher about what happened and the teacher didn’t say what I told my mom. She didn’t think I'm telling the truth and she was very angry with me. We went home, she told me if he bully you one more time punch him in the face. I went to school the other day and he was following me again, I went to another place, I think no one can see this place I wrestled him and I kicked his tummy. He cried. 

The other day he said sorry to me and we’ve been friends I also said sorry to him because I punched him. In the other days I tought  him how to play basketball and he got good at it. Now basketball is his favourite sport. We play it all the time we got in the basketball team for free. If it's not for free we must have payed $200. The teacher saw us how good we are. that's why he got Jack and  me to the team for free. After all that happened, he has been my best friend. And this is what I did on manaakitanga. 

 On stop motion we made our group characters we made two boys kayaking in the river and then they tried to race to the buoy but suddenly there was a fish. One of the friends is scared of the fish he called his other friend and then  told  him to paddle.
What I learned: I learned how to use Stop Motion in this Hurumanu and I also learned how to participate in groups.
What I enjoyed:
I enjoyed working in a group because I haven't always worked in a group this is what I enjoyed in this Hurumanu.
What I found difficult: what I found difficult is when my group is gone or absent, sometimes there is two people in the group. Even though my teammates is gone we still finish the work that we need to do.

Please comment on my blog post bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.