Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

Stand Up!

 Hello readers Today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Stand Up!. We have been reading about protests. We get to do a non fiction bingo, we needed to pick 3 activities and them do them. Here is what I did. Interesting fact.

The most interesting facts that are learnt from the story is the history. What stood out to me was that the women were not allowed to vote and I think it’s unfair. What also stood me out was the Springbok rugby team,  the rugby game stopped then the people started to protest.the people from South Africa were divided by the color. The black Africans were divided with the white ones.


What I learnt.

 2 information that I learnt from the text is women in the olden days were not allowed to vote and the people from South Africa were divided by the color of their skin. The black Africans were divided with the white South Africans.


Opinion.

The South Aftrican division was not fair because the black people were separated from the white people. It's very uncomfortable because they don’t get to do what the white people do.


Strike -  People with jobs demanding because they weren't getting paid much. Ex: The teachers did the strike because they weren't getting paid that much.


Protest- Protest is people gathering together and fighting together, their kind of fighting together is not violent.


Suffrage-  Suffrage is not having the right legal right to vote like the women suffrage here in NZ.


Unions- Unions are a lot of people joining together or protesting together.


Great Depression- Great depression is people getting their jobs taken away from them.


Hikoi- people having protests at the same time and it also means marching in a group


The protest that I will be supporting is the Women's Suffrage, I’m going to be supporting this protest because I think it’s not fair for women not having the right to vote. The women did a really big protest here in New Zealand and they were allowed to vote by the government. New Zealand was the first country that allowed women to vote. This changed the history because now women can vote.


Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.