Pages

Friday 1 October 2021

Photomontage.

Kia ora everyone UWU, today I'm going to be making a new blog post about ART. We have been spending our time making photomontages. Making photo montage is really cool because you can make photos to describe everything such as your feelings. I made a photomontage with the Earth wearing a facemask. We got the ideas from Hannah Hoch photo montages. She is from Germany, she was alive when Hitler was still ruling Germany and killing people such as Jews, people of color and the gay. She is best known for her work of the Weimar period, when she was one of the originators of photomontage. Photomontages display the chaos and combustion of Berlin's visual culture. She died in 1978. She was 88 when she died. Hannah Hoch died in Berlin Germany. So, what is photo montage? Photomontage is the process and the result of making a composite photograph by cutting, gluing, rearranging and overlapping two or more photographs into a new image. Sometimes the resulting composite image is photographed so that the final image may appear as a seamless physical print.




These are the works of Hannah Hoch, the look really interesting and some of them looks really trippy for me. Hannah Hoch is an artist in the early 19th century. Here is the Digital Photo Montage that I did.



This is the end of my blog post, give me some feedback about my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.