Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Quotation.

 Hello readers today I'm going to be making new blog post about English. We have been learning about how quotations work and how to use them. What is a Quotation? A quotation is the repetition of a sentence, phrase, or passage from speech or text that someone has said or written. My teacher gave us a worksheet that we are supposed to answer. 

Here are the wrong sentences. 

 1. You are looking in the wrong directionsaid the detective

2. His favorite old televisions shows are “I Love Lucy” “Batman” and “Bonanza.

3. If you want to go outsidesaid Mrs. Clark you must wear your raincoats.

ou wa 

Vou mus 

earl 

4. Yes, it's an important clue” replied Vance but more important is the time of the call.” 

1OTE 

tan 

5. “Rarelythe doctor observed “has anyone survived such a fall.” 

6. At camp we sang Daisy, Daisy“Oh! Susannahand Skip to My Lou.” 

Here are the sentences that I fixed.

1. “You are looking in the wrong direction,” said the detective. 

2. His favorite old television shows are “I Love Lucy,” “Batman,” and “Bonanza." 

3. “If you want to go outside,” said Mrs. Clark, “you must wear your raincoats." 


4. “Yes, it's an important clue,” replied Vance, “but more important is the time of the call.” 

1OTE 

tan 

5. “Rarely” the doctor observed “has anyone survived such a fall.” 

6. At camp we sang “Daisy, Daisy” “Oh! Susannah,” and “Skip to My Lou.” 

This is the second worksheet, here are the wrong sentences.1. My favorite "Christmas carol is Silent Night." 

2. The poem he chose to read was "Ode to a Grecian Urn.

3. The title of the seventh chapter is "Tough” Luck. 

4. "Have Funds, Will Travel” was the most useful article in the newspaper. 

5. Michael Jackson's song "Thriller was a hit” in the 1980s

6. "Earthquake" Terror is a story in our reading textbook. 

7. King Midas and the Golden Touch "is one of the myths in our textbook.

8. The Beatles' Can't "Buy Me" Love hit the top of the song charts when it came out


Here are the fixed sentences.

1. My favorite Christmas carol is “Silent Night." 

2. The poem he chose to read was "Ode to a Grecian Urn." 

3. The title of the seventh chapter in the book is called “Tough Luck”.

4. ・”Have Funds,Will Travel” was the most interesting article in the newspaper, The Globe and Mail.

5. Michael Jackson’s song “Thriller” was a hit in the 1980’s.

6. “Earthquake Terror” is a short story in our textbook, Geography in Action.

7. ・”King Midas and the Golden Touch” is one of the myths in our textbook.


This is the end of my blog post please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.