Pages

Friday 19 March 2021

Where the Black death Fits in the history.

 Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Epidemics. Our task was to make a timeline and post it on our blogs. Here is my timeline:

31- 33 A.D Christ teaching and Crucifixion. AD means-  After Death it is referring to after Christ's Death. 

43 Romans start conquest of Britain AD

570 Birth of Mohammed AD

1918 Influenza

1918 WW1 World war 1 

1925 bad polio epidemic NZ 

1939 WW2

1945 atomic bomb on Japan 

1953 Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mt. Everest 

2020 Covid - 19 pandemic. 

We are doing this to learn about our history and to know what happened back then. I put some facts about the influenza virus and here it is:  It's started at 1918 when the first world war was still ongoing. The Flue traveled with a deadly speed, its was worst because it was happening the same time: First world war, the soldiers went home to their home country and they didn't know the there was the influenza virus. The soldiers we're the one that accidentally spread it in the whole world . Soon people were also dying in South Africa, Japan, China, Peru, Greece, and Italy. Pandemic means: An outbreak of disease across a country, a continent, or the world. This virus targeted the immune system  influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and sometimes the lungs. Influenza is a virus, a very simple micro-organism that need a host to survive. When a person is infected with an influenza virus, their immune system responds by creating antibodies so it can fight back. Here is a picture of Antigenic Shift and Antigenic Drift.  The Antigenic shift means that two viruses combine to make a stronger one.

Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.