Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Chromatography .

What are pigments? 


pigment is a colored material that is completely or nearly insoluble in water. . In contrast, dyes are typically soluble, at least at some stage in their use. 

Our aim is to turn the black line to different colours. 

I think it will turn into different colours, a black marker is made out of different colours such as red and green. 

Method


1- Draw a line across the filter paper in pencil, 5cm from the bottom.

2- Draw a coloured dot in the centre of the line.

3- Measure out 10mL of water and place in the test tube.

4- Place the filter paper in the test tube and fold over the side. MAKE SURE THE PENCIL LINE/ DOT IS NOT IN THE WATER.

5- Wait for 5 minutes and observe the results



IT WORKED! 
It was really fun watching a dark colour turn into a lot of different other colours. We have done this experiment before but it never gets old! This is the end of my blog post. Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.