Pages

Friday 4 June 2021

Policies.

Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Social Studies. We have been going on this site called Policy.nz looking for some policies that would make the country better. I made a google doc with the policies I think will help the government and the community. Here is the d0c that I made

Becoming a prime minister, What will you change? I would ban smoking in my country and if someone smokes he/she gets a penalty of 200 dollars. What will you keep? I would keep Kai because it helps the students get more energy by eating the food. 

Increase funding for community services for refugee and migrant communities

Increase refugee quota to the same level as other developed nations

Increase the refugee quota to 5,000 over time

Provide asylum to particular groups rather than UN refugees

Increase funding for community services for refugee and migrant communities

Allow mining on some West Coast conservation land

Continue the environmental jobs programme

End classification of land as significant natural areas

Improve the sustainability of fishing practices

Require DOC to try to minimise by-kill during 1080 operations

Use indigenous species forestry to meet climate goals


5 Facts about the government.... 

Pay

Members of parliament usually earn

$160K-$300K per year

Local government representatives usually earn

$2K-$190K per year

Source: NZ Parliamentary Counsel Office, 2017 and 2018.

Job opportunities

Job opportunities are poor

Chances of getting a job as an elected government representative are poor due to high competition for a limited number of positions.

Length of training

There are no specific training requirements. Find out more about how to enter the job.

  • Community board members usually earn between $2,000 and $47,000 a year.

  • Local and regional councillors usually earn between $13,000 and $108,000, but are paid more for extra responsibilities. 

  • Most mayors and regional council chairs can earn between $52,000 and $190,000. The mayor of Auckland is New Zealand's highest paid mayor and earns about $270,000 a year.




Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my policies. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I like how you explained what you're doing and how you included which policies you liked, Maybe next time make the font size the same so it's easier to read but overall It's good.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.