Pages

Monday 13 September 2021

Maori Language week.

 Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Wananga. Today we are celebrating Maori language week and we have a task we need to complete. Our first task was to listen to one of the seven songs on the slide and watch the documentary with it. Now we have got some questions to answer about the documentary. Here are the questions.. Answer the questions and create a DLO with your answers. You should include images, quotes, and lyrics in your slides.

Who or what inspired or motivated the singer/artist/band/musician to record a Te Reo version of the song? Hollie Smith was scared to speak Maori but she still sang the song.

What are some of the concerns of the singer/artist/band/musician when learning and recording the Te Reo version of the song? Hollie Smith was scared to speak Maori and don't want to speak the language wrongly.

What advice does the singer/artist/band/musician get from their Reo Māori composer/mentor? Their goal was to work together so the song would be good

What did you learn about the importance of Reo Māori (language) to Māori culture and identity? I learnt that Maori is a special language because it was used by the indigenous people of NZ which are the Maori.

Why is it important to have well known / popular New Zealand songs on the radio in Te Reo Māori? So the people don't forget Te Reo Maori.

Here is the link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OpAN2j6Mug

What other songs would you like to be recorded in Te Reo Māori? My favorite song? My favorite song is love me like there's know tomorrow by Queen and I think it would be really good on Maori. This is the end of my Blog post, Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback on my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.