Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Early Encounter In Aotearoa.

Hello readers today I'm going to be showing what we did today, we made questions and answers and I got it all right.

Here it is.

Abel Tasman is the first explorer to arrive in Aotearoa, he arrived at 1642 its was a very early. Abel Tasman named the land Nova Zealandia which is New Zealand today. The next explorer is James Cook he arrived in 1769. The name that the chief navigator helping the explorers was Tupia.
The Europeans brought pigs, potatoes, rats, they introduced diseases. A musket is a gun that shoots gun powder. The musket gun war ended at 1830. The ratio of Maori to Pakeha in Aotearoa in 1840 is 40 Maori: 1 Pakeha.

Please comment on my blog post bye.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic summary of the early days in Aotearoa Alex. You have covered all the main points and written these in your own words to show your understanding. I look forward to seeing more of your blog posts about the history of New Zealand. I am glad that you are excited to learn about our history, I am too!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.