Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Up The Pipe.

Doctor Louis Tremblay is an environmental toxicologist who began his career studying polluted soil and rivers.Each year, New Zealanders produce around 350,000 tonnes of the stuff .    Although sludge can be turned into something useful, like fertilizer, Louis says in New Zealand,
we don’t do this enough. A fertilizer is a chemical or natural-substance added to soil or land to increase its fertility. Louis had lots of questions. What chemicals, exactly, are turning up in our sludge? Which ones are the most toxic?  This Is What I Have Heard About.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.