Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Parihaka DLO.

Hello readers today I'm going to be making a new blog post about Parihaka. We are making a DLO about Parihaka's history and also the people there.


 What was the impact on Māori when of the New Zealand Company and other representatives of "The Crown" confiscated or purchased land very cheaply from Māori?  The crown is the government The crown is the government.


What happened to Māori who lost their land? They go sent in prison Where and how did they live?

They we’re living happily until the British people destroyed their land. How do you think the New Zealand wars impacted on iwi and groups of people who were no longer able to live on their whenua?

I think they would be angry and devastated They had no land because the British people destroyed it.What does the word PEACE mean to you? Not fighting or just having a normal life.

What is "passive resistance? This means that non violent What does the phrase mean? Group of words together.

What other ways are there to solve major issues between people countries that do not use violence as a way of controlling others or solving problems? Netherland.

Who are some of the other world leaders who have used passive resistance? Martin Luther king and Ghandi.? What was their cause and how is/was it peaceful? They protesting about racism.



Please comment on my blog post and give me some feedback about my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.